Monday, March 31, 2008

Cerys Matthews - the natural beauty

Mar 30 2008 by Catherine Evans, Wales On Sunday

CERYS Matthews is showing some bare-faced cheek – by ditching her make-up.
The Pembrokeshire- based singer, 38, is fronting a campaign for Brecon Carreg mineral water, encouraging women to go au naturel for a day to raise cash for the British Skin Foundation. “We’re so used to all these images of perfection that we’re at the point where we don’t go out without make-up, which is ridiculous,” she says.

“I’ve got a daughter who’s four and she’s make-up mad. She’s into Shakira in a big way. It’s spooky how quickly she’s jumped aboard the ‘sexy painted lady’ look. I want her to grow up knowing she’s absolutely perfect just as she is.
“I like Tilda Swinton not wearing make-up on the red carpet and I hate it when people make fun of that. I think we forget how beautiful we can be without make-up, when you’ve been for a walk in the country and you’re glowing naturally.”

But that doesn’t stop mother-of-two Cerys feeling insecure about her appearance.
“I’ve got kind of a strange face. I’ve got massive cheekbones but not in a good way,” she says. “But you have to accept the way you look. I have nothing against plastic surgery but it’s not up there with the things I think about.”

news source : http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/

No comments: